Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back to Asakusa



HELLO... youre thinking I have alot of time on my hands arent you and that Im not spending it wisely on the internet!!!! well... I have 4 months of travelling to do... and it is cold and raining and I have already been out in the rain most of the day! So I:m back at Marunas for a nice rest... drying off some of my clothes and flicking through some Japan fashion magazines etc... The fashion is so bold I would love to buy so much but some of it I think would be a bit to outrageous to wear in Australia...
Anyway whilst it is fresh in my mind... I will make my next Diary Entry.
Dear Diary,
Today I caught 3 trains to Asakusa (where I stayed last time I visited Japan) to go to the markets. The markets smelt fantastic! rice buiscut snacks covered in sugar or seaweed or soy sauce based etc... very tastey... I guess a little like sakata...but bigger and more home made... and a bit heavier... I then went to the place where I remember getting my all time FAVOURITE sweet... these fried batter things with a yummy paste filling... like there are green tea, red bean, yam, pumpkin, etc... my FAVE are the yam and pumpkin... tastes super sweet kind of like custard... I got 3 to start with and I could see the guys making it laughing and rubbing their tummys as if talking about how I was maybe being greedy or would be very full... which I was but they were so Oyshi! (delicious!) that I went back for MORE!
There were lots of red bean and rice sweets and skewers etc... I:m having alot of bad luck chosing drinks for myself... today I thought I was getting juice but it was softdrink...
anyay wondered around alot and then I chose some lunch and caught 3 trains home again in the rain !!

No comments: