Friday, June 6, 2008

Losing blog writing motivation due to lack of comments.






Current status: Just having a rest after a long day I have VERY sore tender feet tonight... they have not experienced so much walking in a very long time. I also have a very full belly from eating to many Japanese veges (just had some snow peas, carrot and potato and then this squishy stuff that soaks up the juices across between bread adn tofu, and some jelly like stuff with bits and pieces in it... and aniother green type of jellied stuff... and also some like egg like stuff... that could have been a vegetable im not sure... but this is like a typical vege mix... minus the burdeka root... i made that burdeka name up... but its something similar... its like root and u cut it and it is kind of holey like lotus or cheese... but its yummy... carroty ... root vege like texture AND i drank some vege/fruit juice)

What did I do today?
The sun came out again today AND Maruna had this morning off! so we went to Shinjuku for lunch/breakfast... and we ate at a Pasta Joint... but Japanese pasta joints have alot more creative recipes... Maruna had a very green herb, Prawn and acovardo pasta and I had a pasta with chicken, crab strips, sour plum, seaweed, herbs and like a japanese syrup sauce... it was very unsual... but tastey I think! I wondered around Shinjuku for a while after Maruna went to work and it was warm and the sun was shining and this definately lifted my spirits! The city is much more bareable when it is not raining and there are umbrellas everywhere and its cold etc...
I next went to Harajuku but instead of heading to the usual shopping mall I took a turn towards the lush green trees... which actually lead to a beautiful temple and walk through the forest! it was very peaceful and sunny and green and a nice breeze etc... There were really big black crows everywhere though! swooping through the trees... and cAWing alot... THere were these big wooden archways... I walked around the forest for ages until my feet were aching and I finally found a bench to sit down and drink my juice popper. I took my shoes off and I think that just made my feet swell up more! lol... After my rest I hobbled to the cobbled shopping area and enjoyed the busy atmosphere and sales etc! the fashion in japan is sooo beautiful...but alot of really baggy floaty tops and dresses... and layers... its hard to know if it fits or not!
ok well then I started walking more and found myself in the designer part of harajuku... and I kept walking and walking and then found myself arriving in SHIBUYA!!!!! ... cant believe I walked all the way there!!! my feet were burning and stingingand there were NO SEATS!!!
made my way to a restaurant with set meals just to rest my feet!
Shibuya was buzzing in the afternoon sun and I just sat and watched the skyscrapers with big screens and people crossing the road madly for a fair while!!
PEAK HOUR TRAIN!!! crammed in ... and limped all the way home...
Had a really good day!! very rambly just like my blog...
also this might be my last blog... because no one seems interested in reading... i dont get any comments or anythign ... you dont have to have an account to comment you know...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

lol you comment baby! you have readers, maybe they just arent blogger savy enough to comment.

shano bone said...

Comment.....comment.........

comment....comment.....comment

shano bone said...

Keep blogging....I'm reading.

Leath said...

Me too Em,

I am envious of these travelling pics.