Saturday, June 7, 2008

Last Day Tokyo






I am leaving Tokyo on a Shinkansen Hikari 423 super express to Shin-Osaka where I will change trains for Hiroshima. Overall a 5 hour 2o min trip. Maruna was kind enough to come to Shinagawa station wih me. We had an extremely rushed time getting to my train with about 2 mins to spare. (after missing earlier train) With Maruna yelling out behind me PLATFORM 24!!! non-reserved carriage 1-5!!! (looking after me well) I really loved staying at Marunas and spending the day wiht her today! She looked after me so much I felt really bad for he interpretting everythign for me! Today was warm and sunny and Maruna had the whole day off! So we caught a bus and train and went to a really nice park (which I have forgotten the name o alrady). The park is near an art uni and on the weekends they have a uni markets ... that is pretty casual selling art and jewellery etc... There were some really cute shops leading down to the park - kind of hippy alternative as apposed to poppy kind of clothes in the city. Also a dog clothes and dog cafe shop so hence adorable jacket and ribbon wearing poodles and dashhounds and chiuahuahs etc... big range of SUPER CUTE dogs!!! Anyway thepark was really green and overlooking a little river with row boats and more swan paddle boats and people playing music and singing and the markets and people having picnics and street side BBQ stalls like yakitori sticks. Maruna and I gotsome Yaki soba - cooking up meat, cabbage and noodles on BBQ and got a Smirnoff each to eat/drink in the park! (coronas were only $3). It was very nice and pleasant! wewalked the parkets and prayed at the temple for each others health and safe journeys etc. Maruna showed me how to was my hands in the fountain at the shrine properly and hit the gong wth the rope before prayer etc... We also read our fortunes for the year at he shrine. Mine talked of travel - something about being hard in the beginning but through perserverance will pay off. It also said I would be worrying alot abou my relationship and feeling distant ...but not to worry because it would be ok. Both of ours meant that we were not the luckiest but a bit luckier then average. There was more that I cant remember but I hope it comes true.
There was a little zoo in the park we could visit for $4 so we had a little wonder. Maruna was in heaven in the guineapig pen... with about 100 guineapigs that people could hold. - kids going nuts!! We went to see the elephant too but I was sad he didnt have alot of roaming space... he loked a bit bored.
THe train I am on right now is sooo fast! It is zooming like it might take off. past suburbs, rice fields, mountains, through mountains, seaside, tunnels, industrial/factories, its hard to get used to the speed.

1 comment:

Makoto said...

Hey Emily~!

Looks like your having heaps of fun~!
You look so cute in the light blue top too :)

I hope you keep blogging at this pace~! loving your photography as well.

Can't wait to see more from Emily perspective!