Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cut for you castle dinner...






On Friday I did a little bit of work for the hairsalon that are friends with Alex and Flic. I swept some hair and washed a few things etc... I felt a bit intrusive and my Japanese skills are not good! But Alex said that Chief likes the staff to practise some english. I helped for the morning and was pretty shy and probably more of a hinderance than help hehe... but they were really nice to me. It was very quiet so I left at around 3.
Tonight Cut for you Hair salon wanted to take Alex and I out for dinner! We all piled into 2 cars - ours had a tv/dvd player for us all to watch music clips haha... We drove for about an hour through alot of tunnels and past mountains and rivers following the cars directions...until we got to this nice restaurant that was styled like a castle. It was built into the mountain and forest and there were lots of lanterns... it was quite spectacular! Inside it was really castle fashioned with lots of armour of warriors etc... that were kind of scary! Chief wanted to Choose dinner for Alex and I and we got soba noodle soup, a giant rice ball with little fillings in it, a big crispy tasty chicken wing on a stick... it was huge..., gyoza, baked fish on a stick, and this marbled beef that we cooked on a bbq at the table... it was a tremendous feast! everyone had dessert... I had a little taste it was like an icy redbean sweet... but I was way too full!! THey gave me a little purse souvenier present and shouted Alex and I dinner... I cannot believe how kind and generous they were! We had SUCH A GREAT TIME! the food was delicious and the company was very interesting and funny hehe... Chiefs english is very good
After dinner Cut for you team took us to a really old bridge... I can imagine in the day there would be amazing scenery... but it was a bit dark to take photos... but it seemed like a really old bridge with big arches (we walked across) and a stream and mountains and forest all around etc... it was about another half hour drive from dinner... It was a very nice walk hehe and lots of fun!

No comments: